Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Calle Crisologo, Vigan

Vigan is best-known for Calle Crisologo, a half kilometer street lined with 18th century Filipino-Spanish architectures and your journey would be incomplete without a nostalgic walk at the streets of Calle Crisologo.   Calle Crisologo is a virtual tourists playground.  If you were not for the tourists taking pictures, you'd think that you were transported back in Spanish colonial era.

Calle Crisologo
Movie and filmmakers also shoot here if their theme is about Spanish era, like Jose Rizal.



pasalubong

The only transport allowed inside the streets are the kalesa or the horse-drawn carriage.



At night, restaurants/dining establishments set up their tables at the streets so that the tourists/people can eat their dinner al fresco (eating outside) and enjoy the beauty of Calle Crisologo at night.




To get email updates, please subscribe here .
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter .
Also follow me on Instagram and +1 me on Google +
If you got questions contact me here .


Reactions:

15 comments:

Jhengpot said...

visit na :)

Francis Balgos said...

one of the most beautiful street in Vigan!
I havent been there, keeping tabs will be good..
and photographing this street in blue hour could be amazing!

Francis Balgos said...

another famous street in here!
I havent visited Vigan as of yet, I'd like to try photographing this street on blue hour!

Suyen said...

I love the atmosphere of historic Philippines in Vigan. I hope I can visit again as the last time I was there was when I was more than 10 years ago. 

RC Gweniful said...

been here once but it was too hot to explore the street. marami pa rin bang street children?  

ian l www.brownmantrips.com said...

Vigan is great! tapos maganda mag costume ng pang sinauna tsaka ka maglakad sa kalye>>> #Adiklang =) I have heard na binabalik na daw ang kulay ng mga bahay sa Crisologo which is great! hopefully mabalik lahat into colors 

Swexie said...

Calle Crisologo pala ang place na gusto kong puntahan diyan sa Vigan!!! =) thanks for sharing!

Jhengpot said...

Don't worry magiging maaraw yan kasi tag ulan na ngayon....:)

Mai_Flores said...

Naku, the more you share your ilocos posts the more ako naeexcite for my own trip. =) Sana sunny all throughout the trip so I can pose on the same backgrounds like yours. =)

Jhengpot said...

gora na! :)

Jhengpot said...

you're right!

Pinoy Travel Freak said...

Sana makapunta nako ng Vigan this summer. I'm really interested to see Calle Crisolo and the ancestral houses. :)

Frankie said...

Calle Crisologo is beautiful especially at night. The soft lighting on the streets lends it a sophisticated yet otherwordly charm. 

Alan-jay Amistad Parto said...

thanks sa pagbisita sa aming City (Vigan) :) come again!

Mon♥Jheng said...

I'll definitely come back again :)

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The texts and photos on Black Sheep's Lair belong to the site owner, unless otherwise stated. Should you wish to reproduce the text and/or photo content, kindly send me an email and ask permission first. Thank you. :)