Monday, April 30, 2012

“Summer is definitely more fun with NIVEA SUN! My top summer wonder is Davao!”

Philippines is an archipelago and believed to have kept treasures.  Those treasures can be found not only in the people living here but also through its many beautiful destinations that tourists nowadays are craving to see and experience.

I am lucky that I have traveled some of the many beautiful destinations in my country and from each travel experiences I will choose my top summer wonder.  I will share to you my top seven summer wonders from the least to the highest or let's say closest to my heart. :)


Tagaytay-  is one of the country's most popular tourist destinations because of its outstanding scenery and cooler climate provided by its high altitude.  This place can be found in Cavite near Manila where you can chillax this summer if you can't go to Baguio City.  This place is as close to paradise one can find.  Tagaytay overlooks Taal Lake in Batangas and provides one of the iconic views of the Philippines, the view of Taal Volcano Island in the middle of the lake, viewable from several vantage points in the city.

You can bring the whole family here and have picnic on the ground, if you want to experience the adrenaline rush, try the zip line and also the horseback riding.

 

Cebu- Cebu is the hub around which the Visayas revolves.  Visiting this province is one of a kind experience.  Though my relatives are Visayans, I can't speak but can understand little of their language.  Because we only have a little time in this place, we visited only a few destinations.  Like the Magellan's Cross, the Mactan Shrine, the Taoist Temple and the Sto. Niño Basilica.  Of course our trip won't be complete if we don't taste the Lechon Cebu (but for a vegetarian like me, it has no appeal :D).

Cebu also has beautiful beaches. On its Northern part like he idyllic offshore islands of Bantayan and Malapascua are steadily increasingly in popularity and to the South is the Moalboal's Panagsama beach.


 

 

Coron, Palawan-  is a wedge-shaped limestone island, with few of its coastal areas being covered by mangrove forests. It has seven lakes, famous of which is the nationally-acclaimed cleanest lake in the Philippines, the Kayangan Lake. It also has a number of islands with white beaches and clear blue waters perfect for snorkeling, deepsea fishing and shipwreck diving.  And if you've visited this place, you'll agree that this place is a haven for sea creatures. :)  See this post: http://www.blacksheepslair.com/2011/05/island-hopping-in-palawan.html









Bohol- is a little island paradise in the southern Philippines. The most notable among the tourist attractions in Bohol is Chocolate Hills.  Aside from Chocolate Hills, you can also visit the Tarsier, Baclayo Church and the Man made Forest.  You can also dine in a floating resto for a change.  But the best adventure you have to experience when in Bohol is the island hopping!  I love those islands we've visited; the Balicasag and Puntod islands.  This place is one of the most beautiful places I've visited.  I can't forget not just the place but the moments I've spent with friends in here.  Super bonding time that I felt very happy inside my heart.  See the pictures for you to believe :)


 




Ilocos-  collectively refers to two provinces in the Philippines: Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur. The inhabitants  here are called Ilocanos and they speak the language Iloko, also called Ilocano.  Ilocos Sur is known for Vigan, its capital city. Vigan is the best preserved example of a planned Spanish colonial town in Asia.  Its architecture combines cultural elements from elsewhere in the Philippines and from China with those from Europe to create a unique culture and townscape without parallel anywhere in East and Southeast Asia.  You can also found Baluarte here, the zoo in the north.

Calle Crisologo
@ Baluarte
Clay pots making

Travelling Ilocos Norte gives a lot bang for your buck as the province is literally crammed with a lot of historical places, nooks for adventures, fine beaches and excellent cuisine that is indigenous to the region.  You can find here many attractions like Paoay Church, Fort-Ilocandia, Bangui Windmill, Pagudpud, my unforgettable Limestone formation in Kapurpurawan and a lot more.


 




Boracay- I've been to this island paradise several times. But it comes to my heart as second top destination.  But I really love this place so much. Boracay has received many recognitions already due to its fine white sand and world-class beauty.  We've already tried the island hopping, snorkeling, swimming and of course the night life here.



On top of my list is Davao.  I've been there just once but I really can't forget what I've experience there.  
Davao- this place catches not only my attention but also my heart.  I love this place not only because of its beautiful destinations and views but also because of the warm people there.  Davao is very neat/ clean place I've ever visited and I salute the mayor and councils for that.  Many people told me and I heard in the news that this place is peaceful, no snatchers, kidnappers etc.

Everything you wanted for a vacation is in Davao.  If you want to visit and mingle with nature, you can drop by and tour Eden Nature Park. While approaching the area, you will be welcomed  by the cold winds and by the majestic Mt. Apo standing tall and proud (looks like waving his hands to welcome you, imagination).  You can hike in here, camp, ride horses, you can go fishing or even try your adrenaline rush by riding on a zip line or Indiana Jones.






If you're a beach buff, you can try the Samal Island and visit one of the many resorts there like the Paradise Beach Resort.  You'll enjoy the white beaches and also the marine life.  Fishes will swim with you!  Really amazing!




Even in the center of the city, you can always find a place to have some fun.  You can visit the Crocodile Farm and see Pangil (second largest crocodile in the country).  The People's Park, Jack Ridge and a lot more!






Hope you enjoyed reading my top summer destinations!

“Join the on-going Nivea Philippines 7 Summer Wonders contest on FB and get a chance to win NIVEA Sun gift packs, Charina Sarte swimwear, SONY products or a trip for 2 to the Ultimate Summer Wonder! Just click http://www.facebook.com/NIVEAPhilippines/app_180716052039522 to join and vote now!”




To get email updates, please subscribe here .
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter .
Also follow me on Instagram and +1 me on Google +
If you got questions contact me here .


Reactions:

2 comments:

Jhengpot said...

Ay ganun po ba....rush q n nga nagawa yan kaya di ko masyado naayos....mamasyal din kasi kyo...bonding time

wena sotto said...

wow, I envy you! you've been to most of the country's famous tourist destinations. among your top 7, Tagaytay pa lang narating ko hehehe 

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The texts and photos on Black Sheep's Lair belong to the site owner, unless otherwise stated. Should you wish to reproduce the text and/or photo content, kindly send me an email and ask permission first. Thank you. :)