Monday, April 30, 2012

Music: Mike Chan Launches New Self-titled Album at Tiendesitas

April 28, Tiendesitas, Pasig- Chinese Rock Balladeer Mike Chan released his self titled second full length solo album under Heroes Records and Star Records. The place as usual was jampacked with happy people sharing the good music on a  Saturday night atmosphere,  gimmick time for many of us.


"Success in the music industry is not something you can purchase or guarantee thru family connections."
His last effort, Dragona, the prequel to this album, reached as high as number 4 on local sales charts. He believes that this album could be his breakthrough work as a solo artist, an he credits his strong love for learning and making music as his source of inspiration for this album.


He has been in the local music scene for the past four years now. I may not know him and his songs that much but  going to his album launch made me more educated how his passion for making music is so alive and burning. He is so approachable and very humble.  I first seen him at Araneta in Samsung Concert with Sabado Boys, he's the one doing the beat box and he's really good!

The launch was graced with guest performers like Jason Fernandez (Former Rivermaya Frontman),

 





Tricia Garcia (from Survivor Philippnes)
 

Gary Ignacio of Alamid, FMD Combo, I-Ray, Ficker Fusion, Ariel Heights and other heroes artists.

I love the way this band perform....entertaining!
There is also a fashion show with Myphone Girls, displaying the latest Myphone's innovation.








Mike Chan the album is presented by My Phone, DJM Acoustic Guitars, Shimmian Surgicenter Manila, Eventus Advertising, Game Club and Epipes. Mike Chan also raffled off a DJM Guitar and a My Phone unit, congrats to Ms.Myrns and Mr. Ricafrente.
"This is not just about the songs in the disc. It;s about the passion and determination that went into the making and the production of these songs. It's about believing in yourself and knowing that you are responsible for your own success or failure in life. t's about creating your own luck and never giving up."


"In many ways I actually think of this as my first solo album." Says Mike, "This is the first time I've actually produced, written, co-wrote and/or personally had a hand in every song that went into the album. It took me a long time to get to this point and the journey getting here has been long and difficult most times. The funny thing is though...I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!"

Catch Mike Chan at Tiendesitas every Tuesdays until June, and at various SM Supermalls starting May 7 for his album promo tour.



To get email updates, please subscribe here .
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter .
Also follow me on Instagram and +1 me on Google +
If you got questions contact me here .


Reactions:

0 comments:

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The texts and photos on Black Sheep's Lair belong to the site owner, unless otherwise stated. Should you wish to reproduce the text and/or photo content, kindly send me an email and ask permission first. Thank you. :)