Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday Travels-Octoberfest

Last March, my husband and I visited Davao.  And to our dismay, the "Araw ng Davao" festival is on the next week after our arrival, so we didn't see the festival.:(



Araw ng Davao(Davao Day)- is one of Davao's biggest annual event that happens every 16th of March.  It highlights various events like cultural performances, beauty pageant, and the most exciting and must see floral float parade that displays Davao's abundant flowers.




and also, I'd like to see the Kadayawan Festival, also in Davao.


Kadayawan Festival is a thanksgiving celebration for bountiful harvests that the city has in the whole year that happens every month of August.  Kadawayan is derived from the Mandaya word "madayaw" which means a warm and friendly greeting used to explain a thing that is valuable, superior, beautiful, good and profitable.  The "Indak-indak sa Kadalanan" is one of the highlights where the students from different universities, employees from different companies and government offices, and even the "lumads" themselves dance on the streets of Davao in their colorful costumes.



Photos are not mine...thanks to google :D




To get email updates, please subscribe here .
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter .
Also follow me on Instagram and +1 me on Google +
If you got questions contact me here .


Reactions:

6 comments:

Vernz said...

Wow, you should come to Davao.. we'll have EB.. heheh....


PS. sis if it's not too much to ask.. how did you do the social media tab at your left corner? I'd really appreciate it if you can share.. thanks.

was here for TT.

mine is posted at http://www.virtualwanderer.info/tulip-time-festival-in-holland-here-i-come/

Black Sheep said...

HI vernz....what social media tab in particular? I've been to Davao na....I'm planning to go back again...:D

By then, I'll try to visit you :D

Pinx said...

Grew up in Davao and the Araw ng Dabaw festivity before is not like this anymore. also the Kadayawan. my family loves to go back to Davao too! maybe next year we will go there for a vacation! was here for TT!

here's my TT entry:
http://www.travelwidpinx.info/2011/10/11/tuesday-travels-oktoberfest/

KM said...

ang kukyut naman nung minorettes :) dami talagang festival sa south. i wish maka-attend ako kahit isa lang.

Visiting you for TT. I hope you can visit me back: Toronto International Film Festival

Black Sheep said...

Thank you for dropping by sissies :)

""rare*jonRez"" said...

I've spent over 4 years in Davao coz I finished my High school there. I remember when I was in 2nd year high school, our school was the champion of the Indak-indak sa Kadalanan contest and many of my classmates and friends were participants. This fest isn't so unfamiliar to me at all! Thanks for sharing your pics! Everything is beautifully captured! :)

Visiting for TT! I've been to a HOT AIR BALLOON FEST for the first time and I'm sharing the photos I got! :) You are welcome to visit mine!

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The texts and photos on Black Sheep's Lair belong to the site owner, unless otherwise stated. Should you wish to reproduce the text and/or photo content, kindly send me an email and ask permission first. Thank you. :)