Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday Travels-Octoberfest-Higantes Festival

I'd like to share my former town's festival, The Higante's Festival.



Higantes Festival also known as Feast of San Clemente is celebrated every 23rd day of November in town of Angono in Rizal provinceThis is a major festival to honor San Clemente, the patron saint of fishermen. His image is carried by male devotees during a procession accompanied by "pahadores" (devotees dressed in colorful local costumes or fisherman's clothes, wearing wooden shoes and carrying boat paddles, fish nets, traps, etc.) and "higantes" (paper-mâché giants measuring 10-12 feet in height and 4-5 feet in diameter). This street event ends in a procession to Laguna de Bay until the image is brought back to its sanctuary.



You'll really get wet in this festival as the people in town will pour you waters even if you're fully dressed going to office or school.  So I'm suggesting that if you're to attend to this event, bring extra clothes. :)

Photos credit to google.




To get email updates, please subscribe here .
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter .
Also follow me on Instagram and +1 me on Google +
If you got questions contact me here .


Reactions:

4 comments:

Vernz said...

this is one interesting festival to attend to.. haisst if only we have all the resources in the world...

was here for TT. :) see you back at http://www.virtualwanderer.info/tulip-time-festival-in-holland-here-i-come/

Pinx said...

weeee...parang piyesta din ng San Juan. would love to see this festival. was here for TT! here's my entry:

http://www.travelwidpinx.info/2011/10/11/tuesday-travels-oktoberfest/

KM said...

effort siguro gumawa ng mga higantes na 'to no? and yeah, parang fiesta din ng San Juan because of the basaan ^^

Visiting you for TT. I hope you can visit me back: Toronto International Film Festival

""rare*jonRez"" said...

Ehehehe! This is fun! Para pala itong San Juan where people will be pouring at each other no matter what and where and who! Oks lang yan pag mainit ang panahon! :D

Interesting fest! I enjoyed your share!

Visiting for TT! I've been to a HOT AIR BALLOON FEST for the first time and I'm sharing the photos I got! :) You are welcome to visit mine!

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The texts and photos on Black Sheep's Lair belong to the site owner, unless otherwise stated. Should you wish to reproduce the text and/or photo content, kindly send me an email and ask permission first. Thank you. :)