Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Whale Shark (Butanding) Festival

I once dreamed of swimming with this mammoth in the waters of Donsol, Sorsogon and still dreaming of it until it happens! :D

The festival is held annually during the summers of April 28-30 to give due respect to their patron animal the "butanding" and a thanksgiving for all the blessings it brings to the people of Donsol.


A long fluvial procession just at the mouth of the long and winding Donsol River where a large pod of  Butandings usually converge at this time of the year, is the highlights the Festival.


The festival is highlighted by a street parade.



Wish to be here next year :D

Photo credits to google :)




To get email updates, please subscribe here .
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter .
Also follow me on Instagram and +1 me on Google +
If you got questions contact me here .


Reactions:

2 comments:

MC said...

Wow! I'm scared of big animals like Butanding.. And I just heard about it. Thanks :)

Visiting from TT.
Karawasan Festival 2011

""rare*jonRez"" said...

Wow! Very interesting post! So madami ba talagang butanding sa Sorsogon?

Late TT visit! My entry is a BEACH DANCING FEST which I accidentally witnessed! Hope you can check it out! :)

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The texts and photos on Black Sheep's Lair belong to the site owner, unless otherwise stated. Should you wish to reproduce the text and/or photo content, kindly send me an email and ask permission first. Thank you. :)