Friday, November 23, 2012

Let's Disco with the Village People one Night Concert

Last Saturday, November 17, the much awaited return of the original disco group in America happened at SMX Convention, Pasay City, Philippines.  A lot of fans came from all over the Metro and I think from nearby provinces as well.  Obviously, most of the fans were at the age of 40 and up.

Village People with their star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
Before you enter the function room 4 or F4 where the concert was held, there is a photobooth with Village People Indian Costume.  We took the opportunity to pose like the Village People and have that picture as our souvenir.

The show started at 9:00 PM with the opening songs of the band Highway 54 (I dunno them and also their songs).  I spotted Quinito Henson and former Chief Justice Renato Corona ( this guy is very accommodating).


To my surprise, Mayor Hagedorn of Puerto Princesa, Palawan got a very charming voice matched with Janine Desiderio's.  They sang "The Prayer"by Josh Groban.


After that another female group performed the worst performance I've ever seen, the Eurasia!  I kept on asking my husband who are they because I never heard Eurasia before.  I feel ashamed/sorry for them, because people there kept on bOOO-ing them! :( Epic really fail!


My boredom and those with others changed to excitement when the emcee announced the name of the Village People to perform on stage. :)




I'm really amazed with their performance!   It's only that they aged but nothing has changed, their voices, their stunts, props were still the same.  They still reign as the Disco Kings, even I danced with their music.  I don't care with the people watching me, I just can't help it. :)



To get email updates, please subscribe here .
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter .
Also follow me on Instagram and +1 me on Google +
If you got questions contact me here .


Reactions:

0 comments:

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The texts and photos on Black Sheep's Lair belong to the site owner, unless otherwise stated. Should you wish to reproduce the text and/or photo content, kindly send me an email and ask permission first. Thank you. :)